Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Week 62- Last Week in Cartago?


Hello everyone!
So this week was good, we improved in a lot of things and had some good experiences.

On Saturday we had a conference with Elder Russel M Nelson. It was a broadcast - he was in Honduras and it was broadcast to all of Central America.  It was awesome, he is so great!  He talked a lot about focusing on the temple - that what we should be focusing on is getting people sealed in the temple, because that is the most important thing. And he was talking about the less active members - that we should get them sealed to all of their family, so that they can be eternal families :)
On Friday, we had two Hermanas in our zone who live like 3 hours away come and stay at our house so that they could go with us to the conference the next day. They got here Friday afternoon so we could do divisions all day with them. So that was really good! I was able to visit a lot of our recent converts who we hadn't been able to visit with Hermana Mendoza from Honduras, and Hermana Moon got to go with some of our investigators and find some new ones!  So it was awesome.
So yesterday in Sacrament meeting all the talks were about missionary work. An Elder, me, and our Ward Mission Leader spoke. But instead of all just talking about the same thing we decided to talk about different principles that tie in to missionary work. The Elder talked about the atonement and missionary work, I got to talk about unity in the ward (something I have been thinking A LOT about lately)  And Jorge, the Ward Mission Leader, talked about getting over fear.
So yeah I was verryy excited to give that talk, because a lot of members talk bad about others (like the whole world does), complain about what others do, etc etc. But that is not the church of Christ. Everyone is so imperfect, but we need to all have the same vision. That's what I talked about. I talked about becoming ¨Zion,¨ the people of the Lord, all unified in heart and spirit, and also building up Zion, which also specifically means ¨the Church and its stakes.¨ Elder Duncan, the area president, told us in on of our meetings with him that we should have a vision of having a STAKE in Cartago, not just a ward!  So I told them that that is completely possible, but only if we are in this together. Some scriptures that i shared were Mosiah 18:21, 4 Nephi 1:2-3, and Moses 7:18. I love those scriptures so much! Because that is how we need to be in our wards and stakes. We are all different types of people and have different lives, but we are all here for the same purpose. And we need to have the same vision of building of the church of God on the earth, and nothing else.

I don't know what is happening with changes, but I am assuming that this is my last week in Cartago. Its sad! Because I've been here for 7 and a half months. But I also feel ready to leave, if that's what God wants, because I know that bringing in new missionaries can really help the area grow, and that's all I want for Cartago - growth and success. It has been the best area of my mission!  I've only had two haha, but i have loved it so much! Ive learned so much and seen so many miracles here.
well i love you all! Thanks for everything :)
Hermana geis :)





We got our haircuts! And Hermana Moon totally chopped it off, wohoo!
                     

With the girls we did divisions with, Hermana Mendoza and Hermana Davidson
                 

My bff Victoria! She's Gleny's daughter and is the craziest, cutest thing ever.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment