Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Week 64 - In the Rain Forest

 Hello everyone!

So, changes happened.

We got to the office on Wednesday for transfers, and no one knew where they were going or who they would be with.
So I found out, finally, that I would be going to Guapiles, in Zona Atlantica!  When I found that out I was jumping up and down sooo excited!  That is exactly where I wanted to go!  And I got my new companion, fresh from Columbia!  So I'll end my mission training her, if nothing changes :)
Here in Guapiles, it is hot, humid, rainy - super tropical. It is like a different world from Cartago. I can't even believe how different the places are here in such a small country. I've been a little homesick for Cartago!  Guapiles reminds me a lot of my first area here though.
So we got here Wednesday night and since we`re opening the area we have been visiting alllll of the members that we can - and we have seen so much miracles from that!  At almost every house there has been a nonmember we`ve been able to meet and teach, and we have received about 20 references in the past few days. So we are super excited about the Ward here and everything. The members are sooo nice and are so willing to help us out and invite us over. It's funny because one of the counselors of the Bishop told us that in this Ward the key really is getting along with the members - if you can do that, you have a ton of success. So that is what we`re trying to do. Trying to help them see us as representatives of Jesus Christ who want to serve and work hard.
It was awesome because on Sunday, a member took us in his car to go around our area to see where all the members live. So that helped a lot. We drove to an area pretty far away, and it was like we were driving through a rain forest. It was so awesome.
I'm still a Sister Trainer Leader for the Zone so there is a lot to do.  Whenever I start worrying about all the things we have to do, I just have to keep telling myself to trust completely in the Lord. If we are obedient and do what we are supposed to do, he`ll help us through everything. He`ll take charge and help us have success.

Today for a Zone activity we went to a zoo type thing haha. A really cool part was a butterfly tunnel.  We were in a tunnel thing and there were a bunch of huge butterflies flying around!
Anyways, thank you all for everything, I'll write more next week!
I love you all so much! 
hermana Geis :)




                                                 
Saying goodbye to Hermana Moon :(

                                                       
My new comp. Hermana Pena!

                                               
The Trainers Meeting with our new comps




Lunch
                                                                         

Saying goodbye to Hermana Chatwin
                                                   

Leadership Meeting



Pres and Sister Hayes' daughter
                                                         





Butterflies being born!
                                                             
At the zoo
                                                                   


Passion fruit :)
                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment